[texhax] include graphicx

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Tue Oct 17 23:24:45 CEST 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 04:42:33PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
>This is my first attempt to include graphics.
>
>\usepackage{graphicx}
>\includegraphics{network-plan.png}
>
>what results is a blank space of the
>expected size of the graphic, I've tried
>using "img2eps network-plan.png" and
>\includegraphics{network-plan.eps}
>
>resulting in
>
>! LaTeX Error: Unknown graphics extension: .eps.
>
>which I find odd given what I've read about
>graphicx.  When I use /usepackage[draft]{graphicx}
>with the png file, I get a rectangle with the file
>name in it, as expected.
>
>What is the next step to resolve including png
>graphics and/or the unknown eps issue?

Klaus Hoeppner's Strategies for including graphics in LaTeX documents
http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/2005-3/hoeppner/hoeppner.pdf

points out "no extension for the file" are used,
but I don't understand why.... indeed when I remove
the extension, the network-plan graphic renders as
expected, though since I have many different file
types with that name (sans extension), I'm not sure
which graphic file was used.

// George