[texhax] [SPAM:] - Left-flushed equations - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Dieter Meinert DMeinert at RosenInspection.net
Thu May 18 07:39:29 CEST 2006

Hi Micha,
 try \usepackage{fleqn} in your preamble.

Dieter Meinert

|=> -----Original Message-----
|=> From: texhax-bounces at tug.org
|=> [mailto:texhax-bounces at tug.org] On Behalf Of Micha Hofri
|=> Sent: Mittwoch, 17. Mai 2006 17:30
|=> To: texhax at tug.org
|=> Subject: [SPAM:] - [texhax] Left-flushed equations -
|=> Bayesian Filter detected spam
|=>
|=> Dear all:
|=>
|=> I am trying to create a list of formulas, implemented as a list
|=> of equations.
|=> In fact,  I want to convert an existing one (typeset in
|=> troff) to latex,
|=> before I make additional changes.  The list can be seen in
|=> http://web.cs.wpi.edu/~hofri/formula.pdf
|=>
|=> The problem is, that if the equations are not flushed left
|=> the page looks
|=> terrible, and I failed to find a way to do it.
|=>
|=> I use the class amsart.  Is this a bad choice?
|=>
|=> According to the Latex Companion the option fleqn defines a
|=> rubber left
|=> indent, \mathindent, and it makes the page look wobbly.  Is
|=> there a way
|=> to cure this rubber? that is, harden it at 0pt?
|=>
|=> Or another approach that delivers this end result?
|=>
|=> I can of course give up the automatic labeling and use
|=> paragraphs with
|=> \displaystyle, but the renumbering and the use of \eqref are very
|=> desirable.
|=>
|=> Thanks,                  --Micha
|=> TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq