[texhax] alternating page margins

Tom Sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Fri May 12 00:25:10 CEST 2006

Hello all:

I have a book I'm laying out with the memoir class.  It has different
left and right pages, with pretty large \marginparwidth and
\marginparsep compared to the \textwidth.

Unfortunately, in several places the content is wider than the
\textwidth.  If the content is only on one page, all is well, and I have
macros that can shove my figures and tables over into the correct
margin.  But there are some things -- a couple of longtables and some
chunks of verbatim -- that span several pages.  The adjustwidth
environment (or adjustwidth*) appears to work fine, but only for the
current page.

Can anyone recommend a package to deal with this, or suggest a way to
use \LTright and \LTleft to adjust my longtables on successive pages, or
issue an adjustwidth for each page, or something like that?

Many thanks,

 -tom