[texhax] Getting Tex, Latex, AmsTex

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Thu May 11 19:55:14 CEST 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Vladimir Ramjit wrote:

> I would like to obtain the Tex Programs.  I am a Mathematics
> Lecturer and I need Tex to type up Examination Papers.

If you go to:

http://www.tug.org/

You'll see a link ``Getting Started'' which points to:

http://www.tug.org/begin.html

where you'll want to especially go to either:

http://www.tug.org/mactex/
(Mac OS X)
or
http://www.tug.org/protext/
(Windows)

Assuming you've got a broadband connection downloading and installing
either of these should be quite straight-forward. If not, you could
join TUG (actually, you should join anyway to help support keeping
such things available).

In addition to the above, you may find

http://www.lyx.org

of interest --- it now has some all-in-one installers which you could
use instead of the previous two links.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.