[texhax] PDF viewer

W.J. Metzger wes at hef.ru.nl
Mon May 8 08:58:58 CEST 2006

On Sun, 7 May 2006, Michael Barr wrote:

> Interesting replies.  Mostly that it works better under Unix/Linux and
> Mac.  My fault for not saying I use windows.  The sine qua non is that I
> am not changing the editor that I have been using, with appropriate
> upgrades, for 22 years.  No version is made for Unix or Mac, so they are
> not options.  I am so comfortable with that editor (Kedit, if you are
> interested, but I am not advocating it for anyone else) that it feels like
> an extension of my fingers.
>
> Michael Barr

Don't let the editor keep you from Unix/Linux.  There is an editor (gnu
public license) called  the  (the Hessling editor, written by Mark
Hessling), which is modelled after the IBM CMS  XEDIT editor, as was KEDIT.
KEDIT added a lot of features, of which many (most?) are also in  the.
the is available for both Windows and Unix/Linux.  See
   http://hessling-editor.sourceforge.net/index.html
Like you, I have refused to change editors, and have been using  the  ever
since I was forced to change from mainframe to workstation --- using the
instead of XEDIT was the easy part, since they were practically the same.

Cheers, Wes

--
Dr. W. J. Metzger            Experimental High Energy Physics Group
tel. +31-24-3653127          Faculty of Science
e-mail:  wes at hef.ru.nl       or   Wesley.Metzger at cern.ch
http://home.cern.ch/metzger/ or   http://www.hef.ru.nl/~wes
  (**)  On 1 Sept. 2004 the University of Nijmegen changed its name