[texhax] using both sides of page for a 2-up latex document?

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Wed May 3 15:11:03 CEST 2006

So far, this is the best I've been able to come up with.  It is sort of
a hybrid of the suggestions offered so far (for which I am very grateful.)

The photo (our dog Benny, used here as a stand-in for the actual
artwork) is still just a little off-center, vertically, with more white
space at the bottom (the long edge of landscape paper) than at the top.

I haven't yet tried running it through the printer twice.

\documentclass[oneside]{article}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage[margin=0.5in,landscape]{geometry}
\pagestyle{empty}
\setlength{\columnsep}{0.3in}

\begin{document}

\twocolumn

\null\vfill
\Huge Please come to my art show!
\hfill

\vfill
  \begin{center}
     \includegraphics[angle=90,width=0.5\textwidth]{Bennywatchingout}
     \end{center}
\vfill

\end{document}

--
Christopher W. Ryan, MD
and Wilson Family Practice Residency, Johnson City, NY

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood,
divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the
vast and endless sea."  [Antoine de St. Exupery]