[texhax] Question on hyperref.sty

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Mar 24 21:21:15 CET 2006

  > I do the TeX editing for an online journal.  We distribute our
  > articles in dvi, ps, and pdf versions.  A few authors are starting
  > to use hyperlinks.  I certainly want to encourage them.
  > Unfortunately, the result is that the dvi version comes out with
  > rather ugly underlines that show where the hyperlinks will go in
  > the pdf version.  Is there any way to modify hyperref.sty so that
  > the dvi version will still look good?

1. hyperref puts hyperlinks into dvi files but xdvi is responsible for
   displaying them.

2. hyperlinks in xdvi are *real* hyperlinks.  You can click on them
   with the mouse.

3. The xdvi manualpage mentions three options, -linkcolor,
   -visitedlinkcolor, and -linkstyle.  Hence it's up to you how they
   are displayed.

For more information please consult the documentation.  It provides
hints for a system-wide configuration.  I suppose that this is what
you are interested in.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25