[texhax] Href Problem

Suhas R. Sanjee suhas.sanjee at utsouthwestern.edu
Thu Jun 8 19:16:17 CEST 2006

Hi All,

I am using pdf Latex to insert hyperlinks into a pdf. I am using the
following syntax.

\href{Path}{Text}

The above syntax does not work if the link is pointing to a  PDF file when
the Path is absolute UNC path. It only works for relative Paths.
For Example:

 \href{../System Administration/Antivirus/User
Manual/M1-0_SophosEnterpriseConsole_AtulN_051106.pdf}{M1-0-SophosEnterpriseC
onsole-AtulN-051106.pdf}

This works without any problems when the resulting pdf file is placed in a
folder parellel to System administration folder. Only problem with this is
that the link does not work if the pdf file is moved to some other folder.
When the absolute path is specified, the link to the pdf file does not work.

 \href{//labdoc/labadmin/wardlab gateway/System
Administration/Antivirus/User
Manual/M1-0_SophosEnterpriseConsole_AtulN_051106.pdf}{M1-0-SophosEnterpriseC
onsole-AtulN-051106.pdf} This does not work. It would be great if any of you
could please provide any solution for this problem.

Thanks and regards,
-Suhas Sanjee