[texhax] Documentation for PiCTeX

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Dec 20 21:49:07 CET 2006

  > Hello Robin and/or Karl, I've been using R to create graphs; one
  > option for getting the graphs into LaTeX is to output pictex code.
  > This works pretty well, but there are some problems (the graph
  > isn't EXACTLY the way it looks in R.

If the program can produce EPS or PDF it makes sense to try this
first.

  > So, I started searching for documentation.

  > Some places say there is none.  Others say there is some, but it
  > costs money ($30) and to pay it to TUG (with your wrong
  > address....somewhere in Santa Barbara?)

The pictex manual is currently sold by PCTeX.

    http://store.pctexstore.com/ind.html

Obviously it is much cheaper nowadays.

However, a few weeks ago I suggested to make the manual available
under LPPL and Michael Wichura told me that he will think about it
when the book is out of print.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25