[texhax] Latex: dumbing down? (fwd)

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 22:28:47 CEST 2006

I definitely would like to learn some context and while I can find
manual I cannot find samples. Are some context .tex files floating
around?

Still, I am afraid that the fate of Plain TeX is sealed (no
indexing/automatic numbering capacities) and Context is probably
doomed as well. I migrated by myself from AMSTeX to LaTeX few years
ago and while frustrated that I lost few things I believe I gained
more. Context may be way better than LaTeX but sheer user numbers and
acceptance in journals favor LaTeX over Context.

"God is always on the side of the big battalions".

Then why to bother to learn Context? For me the answer is simple: I
like to learn new things (as long as they are not coming from Redmont
:-), if I want to produce PDF the above arguments do not work for me,
and actually I believe that learning (at least a bit of) Context will
help understand LaTeX better. O may be what will come after...

So, again: Are some context .tex files floating around?