tom sgouros: Re: [texhax] how to redefine chapter

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Wed Apr 5 11:34:02 CEST 2006

At 10:59 05.04.06, W.J. Metzger wrote:
>On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Paul Tremblay wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 12:37:21PM -0400, Tom Sgouros wrote:
> >
> > Thanks. This works like I want it to. Actually, I am converting an XML
> > file to LaTeX (using LaTeX as the formatter) and need to tell LaTeX to
> > break on odd pages. I can't use \newpage, so I use \chapter*{}, which
> > works fine.
>
>Try \cleardoublepage  unless you do not want floats to be printed.
>
>Wes

Indeed, but be sure not to use the Standard LaTeX version,
which may produce a page with empty body, but page number etc.
memoir is my best first guess too, I think I have seen another
patch -- forgotten where, and I have made an own simple one
which I am happy with:

\renewcommand{\cleardoublepage}{%
   \clearpage \ifodd\c at page\else
   \thispagestyle{empty}% UL