[texhax] how to redefine chapter

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Tue Apr 4 18:14:33 CEST 2006

Paul Tremblay :

> Could someone show me how to redefine \chapter* so that I don't get
> the space at the start of the page? I have seen examples on how to
> redefine \chapter* to change the title, but none on how to change the
> space.
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

it would have been nice to know which document class your using

I know I can do it using the memoir class, but with other I don't know.

You need to simply do a negative \vskip or similar.

titlesec or sectsty might have some thing usefull, but I haven't looked.

/daleif

``You cannot help men permanently by doing for them
what they could and should do for themselves. ''
  -- Abraham Lincoln