[texhax] listings package missing on OS X

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Apr 2 01:20:53 CEST 2006

  > [...] and use the TEXINPUTS environment variable to tell your tex
  > installation where to look for things.

As I mentioned in a previous mail, there is no need to set any
environment variable unless the TeX distribution is quite old or you
want to achieve something peculiar.

What you propose makes sense for such old systems only.

Anyway, the first place to look for information about how and where to
install new files is the documentation which describes the TeX
distribution you are using.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25