[texhax] Horizontal Footnotes in Critical Editions

Chris Yocum cyocum at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:59:04 CEST 2005

Hi All,
     Mr. Lück, you are correct about the recent versions of ledmac
having this same error.  I switched over from ednotes to ledmac to
check and I recieved the same error as ednotes.  Also, I am having a
problem with ledmac and setspace where the critical aperataus is being
double spaced when I wrap the poem in
\begin{singlespace}...\end{singlespace} environment.  The poem itself
is single spaced, however.
     I have appended the entire log file to this email.  I hope this
is not too much of an imposition.
     I would like to thank everyone for looking at my problem.  It is
very heartening to have such attention paid to my thesis.  Hopefully,
one day when I am as conversent in TeX as many of you are, I will be
able to help in a similar fashion.  Thank you all.
     My preamble is as follows:

\documentclass[a4paper, 12pt, draft, oneside,]{book}
\usepackage{times}
\usepackage{helvet}
\usepackage{setspace}
\usepackage{verse}
\usepackage{sectsty}
\usepackage[a4paper, left=4cm, top=2cm, bottom=4cm, right=2.5cm,
includeheadfoot]{geometry}
%\usepackage{ledmac}
\usepackage{ednotes}

\usepackage[titleformat=italic, %
		   ibidem=name&title, %
		   pages=format, %
		   bibformat=ibidem, %
		   titleformat=commasep, %
		   commabeforerest, %
		   oxford=true, %
		   edby=true]{jurabib}

%\usepackage{etex}

\doublespace
\parindent=1.27cm
\allsectionsfont{\sffamily}
\setcounter{secnumdepth}{4}
\setcounter{tocdepth}{4}
\setlength{\jbbibhang}{1.27cm}
\renewcommand{\bibauthormultiple}{---, }

%\footparagraph{A}