[texhax] having a clean directory structure

Felipe Csaszar fcsaszar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 00:14:50 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I am writing a document that contains several files across various
directories. And to keep things ordered, I would like all the "junk" files
(.aux, .log, etc.) to be created on a different directory.

The obvious solution does not work (using the option -aux-directory=DIR of
latex) because then latex cannot find the files included using relative
paths.

I also don't want to use absolute paths in my document, because that would
decrease portability.

Any idea? Thanks,

Felipe