[texhax] More Manyfoot + Setspace Oddness

Uwe Lück uwe.lueck at web.de
Wed Oct 19 17:11:41 CEST 2005

At 14:18 17.10.05, Chris Yocum wrote:
>     I am again seeking some advice about the Manyfoot package's
>interaction with the Setspace package.
>      As many of you know, I am typesetting an edition of a Middle
>Irish poem and I am using the LEDMAC package to do the edition.  Now,
>I am pretty much finished with inputting all the information in a way
>that LEDMAC expects but my university requires everything to be double
>spaced except for poems, long quotations, and footnotes.

Just for kind of "formal correctness": manyfoot has nothing to do
with ledmac. If you used both of them, I would be astonished if
you hadn't had all sorts of crashes all the time. With very decent
exceptions, ledmac provides everything you need about footnotes.
(Concerning critical editions, manyfoot rather is needed for the
ednotes bundle, which is just an alternative to ledmac.)

Best,
Uwe Lueck.