[texhax] including remote graphics file

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Nov 25 22:21:34 CET 2005

  > Where this command should be placed? In TeXShop this ansatz runs
  > perfectly but on terminal command line fails (\write18 does not
  > work)

Look into the file texmf.cnf, please.  You can determine the default
behaviour there.  TeX distributions hopefully have \write18 disabled
by default for security reasons.

However, this setting can be overwritten by a command-line option.

I don't know TeXShop, but I suppose that it enables \write18 by a
command-line option while it is disabled by default (in texmf.cnf).

In Web2c systems the cmdline option -shell-escape enables \write18.
If this doesn't work for you, it should at least be documented
somewhere.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25