[texhax] making flow chart with latex

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Sun Nov 13 14:07:43 CET 2005

On 2005-11-13 06:30:18 +0100, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>   > On 2005-11-11 08:59:04 +0100, Alphonse Monkamg wrote:
>   >> I'm currently Ph.D student at the university of Bordeaux
>   >> (France).  Please, I would like to know how to construct a flow
>   >> chart with latex. Possible if you may have a latex example.
>
>   > Please, next time do your research yourself.
>
> What a crappy response...  Sorry, Martin.
>
> Of course, THE QUESTION IS ABSOLUTELY APPROPRIATE HERE and it even is
> quite interesting.

Yes -- I didn't question that.

But I expect posters here to do their homework before asking for
help. Especially Ph.D. students, who _must_ know Google.

[...]

> The purpose of this mailing list is that people can ask such questions
> (and what obviously not everyone realized: they should get a useful
> and polite response).

[...]

I gave that, don't you agree?

> This is *one* solution.  I'm not sure whether this is the best one.

Had he done his homework, he already would have known that. And
would he have asked "I'm looking for a solution for flowcharts. I
already found flow.sty, but are there better solutions?" I would
have been happy.

Best
    Martin

PS: I could have been politer, by first giving the answers and
    pointers and then asking him to do his research himself. But
    I expect a Ph.D. student to do his homework... :-}
--
                    http://www.tm.oneiros.de