[texhax] Multicols is not enough

Johan Glimming glimming at kth.se
Sun Feb 27 15:40:04 CET 2005

(paraphrase of the _World_ is not enough):

I am using multicols environment to show maths in two columns, e.g.
inference rules but sometimes the division of the page width is "too
good", e.g.

|                                                | page width
   short                  bloody long premise
   -----                 ------------------------
   short                  bloody long conclusion
|>                      |                       <|

is not as nice as

|                                                | page width
         short       bloody long premise
         short      bloody long conclusion

I.e. I want multicols to split up into columns that
are not of equal width, and also center the result as
required.

Is this possible?

Johan Glimming.