[texhax] Font Search - ScienceTypeCustomPi

Simon Newton snewton at wiley.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 18:37:06 CET 2005

Dear TexHax list members,

I work for John Wiley & Sons Ltd in Chichester, UK, a publisher. I've not
posted to this list before - I hope I won't annoy anyone with the following
question.

We've noticed that some of our PDFs are giving an error when opened by any
version 7 Adobe product (Reader and Acrobat) yet they have been openable by
all previous versions. There seems to be a common thread to the files - the
use of fonts called:

ppi028    ScienceTypeCustomPi-No1T
ppi029    ScienceTypeCustomPi-No2T
ppi030    ScienceTypeCustomPi-No3T
ppi031    ScienceTypeCustomPi-No4T
ppi032    ScienceTypeCustomPi-No5T

We've been told that we might be able to "fix" the affected files by
re-distilling in the presence of these fonts, but the suppliers who created
these PDFs back around the year 2000 are no longer around. I believe that
the typesetters may have been using TeX.

I've looked on the web for a source and on my CTAN and TeXLive CDs but have
found none of them - does anyone know where we could get copies of these
fonts?

Many thanks in advance.

Simon Newton
John Wiley & Sons Ltd, Chichester, UK

The information contained in this e-mail and any subsequent
correspondence is private and confidential and intended solely
for the named recipient(s).  If you are not a named recipient,
you must not copy, distribute, or disseminate the information,
open any attachment, or take any action in reliance on it.  If you
have received the e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete
the e-mail.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender, unless otherwise stated.  Although this e-mail has
been scanned for viruses you should rely on your own virus check, as
the sender accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug
or virus infection.