[texhax] Omega

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Sep 1 13:59:23 CEST 2004

    I've now read the preprints of TUG 2004 (the one's of TUG2003 I can't
    access, unfortunately),

Do you mean the other way around?  The TUG'03 papers are online (in pdf)
at http://tug.org/TUGboat.  The TUG'04 papers are not, by design, as
explained in my introduction.  You can either join TUG for 2004 and get
the preprints, or buy the book from Springer.

    I wonder if it is worth the time to delve into these 'behaviours'

doubt it

    Do you know of any experience of e-tex + UTF-8 encoded text (heavily
    multilingual, multiscript)?

Aleph (formerly known as eOmega) is e-tex + Omega.

    That still leaves the question in the air where the journey is
    heading...

Only time will tell.

Best regards,
karl