[texhax] how to include \subsection and \cite on the same line

rbsingh13 at bellsouth.net rbsingh13 at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 5 23:54:12 CET 2004

Hello,

I would like to know how to manipulate latex in such a way to include
a reference after \subsection{} on the same line?

This is what I would like to accomplish:

\subsection (or \chapter or \section) then have the \cite on the same
line then continue with the rest of the text as the normal subsection
format (i.e. a line below).

This is how I would like it to look:

1.1.2 Amplifier Design(Subsection Font) [2](body font)

Body Text

Anytime I try to place the \cite command, the only way I know how
(i.e. within the \subsection environment to be on the same line), it
shows up in the table of contents (which I don't want!) and also shows
up as the same font as the \subsection.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sincerely,
Rajesh