[texhax] help please!

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Thu Mar 18 13:36:05 CET 2004

Hi Nava,

----- Original Message -----
From: Nava Cooper
Sent: 15.03.2004, 16:29 Uhr

>So I would like to know the following:
>
>-          Does anyone in your group process Word documents into TeX
>format for a little side money? :-)

For a paper containing many equations in Word format, "a little side money" probably won't be enough.

>-          If not, can I go ahead and download TeX Live? Is it easy to
>use for the non-scientist who enjoys easy software programs and doesn't
>want to be challenged in a TeXy way?

Depends on what platform you're on. For Mac OS X, I highly recommend gwTeX (complete setup, easy installation):

<http://www.rna.nl/tex.html>

For Windows, try MikTeX:

<http://www.miktex.org>

Both distributions do not include editors, though. If you want to use a WYSIWYG interface, check out LyX.

HTH,

Jan
--
If all else fails read the instructions. - Donald Knuth