[texhax] documentclassslides

John Wheeler jcw at chemj2.ucsd.edu
Sun Mar 14 00:58:45 CET 2004

I highly recommend the
foils
package and the
PPower4
package.
You can get the latest version and learn more about the latter at
http://www-sp.iti.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/software/ppower4/
It's a great solution for those who like LaTeX, must typeset
fairly complicated equations, and want a projection slide or
transparency that looks reasonably professional.
It may require a bit of rearranging to avoid a long equation running
off the page, but I've found that I can take a document produced for
printing on paper and carve it into slides fairly quickly and easily.
If your making slides from scratch, it's even easier.
It's well worth the investment to learn it.
I've been using it to create transparencies and laptop presentations
for my chemistry lectures in physical chemistry (thermo, stat. mech. and
quantum) for several years, and found it to be great.
John Wheeler
jcw at chemj2.ucsd.edu