[texhax] question on importing *.eps to Latex

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Tue Jun 29 18:49:34 CEST 2004

Terrence E. Murphy <tmurphy at isye.gatech.edu>:

> I have a moderately complex graphic available as .jpeg or .bmap that I
> want to incorporate into a Latex document.
>
> I can use GIMP to save it as .ps. However Ghostscript tells me that it
> can't be converted to  .eps and if I try to import it using
> \includegraphics
> I only get an empty space.
>
> Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Try the convert routine imagemagick, it's wonderful for all kinds of
conversions:

http://imagemagick.org/

However if it calls the same ghostscript, you may need to find out why
ghostscript objects.

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Cancer Institute
  Laboratory of Experimental and Computational Biology
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu (use only if first address fails)
  http://www.lecb.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/