[texhax] postscript printing

Pierre MacKay mackay at cs.washington.edu
Thu Jun 24 22:32:16 CEST 2004

What I do, and it has worked on several previous occasions with no
ill effects, is select any graph output, "copy" it to the scratch pad,
and then use the autopilot to open a "presentation" document.  Select
the simplest of all formats, and "paste" the image into that.  I seem to
recall that when you use print to file, or is it export, you get the
option of EPS.  I know I get it somehow, but I am on the wrong system
to check it out.

In any case, OO came to my rescue when I was suddenly confronted with
a Word document that had half a dozen Excel graphs in it.  The Word
document was 12 megabytes.  The extracted TeX was 300 Kb, and the
EPS files added up to 1.8 MB.  Rather an improvement, and the journal
came out satisfactorily.

Pierre MacKay