[texhax] postscript printing

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 10:25:14 CEST 2004

> Sometime after sending my previous message it occurred to me to create a
> postscript file from the '.tex' file containing the postscript images I can't
> see in dvi format. Surprisingly, everything shows ok in the '.ps' produced
> file. Can anybody explain why some '.ps' or '.eps' images show ok on a dvi
> document and not others?, also why would postscript images not showing on dvi
> do show on postscript files? I'm baffled!

you don't in general _want_ "postscript" for inclusion in (la)tex
documents, since general postscript is not self-contained and can muck
things up in areas around it, quite apart from the sort of peculiarity
you're seeing.

does openoffice not offer "encapsulated postscript" (.eps) output?  if
it does, use that.  if it doesn't, either use the postscript output you
_do_ get, or investigate translation functions like those in gsview.