[texhax] Summary and thanks re Importing R graphics

Peter Flom flom at ndri.org
Thu Jun 3 22:41:33 CEST 2004

Thanks to all who responded.

With their help (and that of the LaTeX graphics companion) I have
isolated the problem: It appears related only to the DVI driver.  I
tried different driver options, none are satisfactory (although they
fail on different graphs).  PDF files appear to be fine, so I am
sticking with them for now.

However, it would be nice if the DVI viewer worked properly, for two
reasons: First, especially as a newbie, I do a lot of drafts, and the
DVI comes on screen noticeably faster than the PDF files.  Second, some
coauthor may prefer something other than PDF files, since they seem to
be a lot smaller.  The MIS people where I work also frown on sending and
receiving large files via e-mail, and some of the PDF files are already
getting big.

Thanks again, and, if anyone has more info, I would appreciate it

Peter

Peter L. Flom, PhD
Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core
Center for Drug Use and HIV Research
National Development and Research Institutes
71 W. 23rd St
www.peterflom.com
New York, NY 10010
(212) 845-4485 (voice)