[texhax] About Latex Install

Philip G. Ratcliffe philipratcliffe at tiscali.it
Fri Jan 2 22:27:27 CET 2004

http://www.miktex.org/

> 2.  Once I find the package, should I just make a directory under C drive
> and put all folders and files into that directory?

I use c:\TeX\texmf etc., but that is my personal choice.  MiKTeX will
suggest creating \texmf (for package files) AND \localtexmf (for personal
files) you may even find you want another; it clearly makes sense to have
these all under one base, e.g. c:\TeX.

> 3.  Do I need to do anything to configure it?

No just follow the instructions and read the basic readme files etc.

> 4.  Where to download WinEdt to best match the version of LaTex that I am
> going to install according to your recommendation?

http://www.winedt.com/

And do as in point 3. above.

Cordialmente,  Philip G. Ratcliffe