[texhax] un-italicizing lower-case Greek letters

Ken Kelley KKelley at ND.Edu
Tue Feb 17 20:45:03 CET 2004

Hello everyone.

I have two questions, both of which likely have a simple solution.

The first question I have concerns how to un-italicize all of the
lower-case Greek letters in a document. Rather than a method that applies
the method to each and every lower-case Greek letter, I would prefer some
sort of global command that would always give un-italicized lower-case
Greek letters.

Also, is there a simple way to output two sets of words, one flush on the
left side of the page and the other flush on the right side of the page on
the same line? An example is:

\underline{\textsc{Home}}   \hspace{11.5cm}   \underline{\textsc{University}}\\

(where _Home_ would be flush on the left side of the page and _University_
flush on the right side of the page) but determining the value for \hspace
is iterative and thus time consuming. Does an easier method exist?

Thanks for any thoughts,
Ken