[texhax] latex and bibtex logos

Christopher W. Ryan cryan at binghamton.edu
Mon Dec 27 00:39:03 CET 2004

On my windows98 machine at work, running MikTeX, I can use \LaTeX\ and
\BibTeX\ to insert the respective logos.

This doesn't work on my Libranet (basically Debian) 2.8.1 system at
home, running tetex. I get a message about "undefined control sequence"

I have used various permutations of lower case and capital letters, with
and without trailing backslash, etc, without success.

I thought these commands were fairly standardized across LaTeX
distributions.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

--Chris Ryan