[texhax] 4 B7 forms on one B5 page (Was: can't put list in picture

Greg Matheson lang at ms.chinmin.edu.tw
Tue Aug 17 01:30:37 CEST 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Greg Matheson wrote:

> I'm trying to produce 4 B7 forms on one B5 piece of paper using
> latex. Each form is constructed as a list.

I was able to do this, thanks to help off-list.

> I need the picture environment, I believe, to get my boxes up to 1
> cm from the corners of the piece of paper.

What I did was put frameboxes in 4 pictures smaller than the
frameboxes themselves and then put minipages in the frameboxes.
This prevented latex spacing the forms out onto 2 sheets of paper.

\newcommand{\myform}[1]{%
\setlength{\unitlength}{1cm}
\begin{picture}(5,7)#1
                \framebox(8.5,12)[t]{
                \begin{minipage}{8.0cm}

This was actually in a \newcommand. I ran the new command
with different points of origin.

Like this:

\myform{(+2.6,+2.0)}
\myform{(+0.1,+2.0)}
\myform{(+14.6,+14.0)}
\myform{(-5.9,+7.0)}

I get warnings about underfull and overfull \hboxes, but it prints
well. Incidentally, from a2ps, I also get the message:

[quizform.dvi (dvi, delegated to dvips): 1 page on 1 sheet]

This suggests there is the possibility of printing more than one
page on one sheet, and that there might be a cleaner solution to
my problem.

--
Greg Matheson, Taiwan