AW: [texhax] Adjusting parentheses for intervals and functions

Paul Wagner paul_spam at gmx.at
Tue Aug 17 09:25:16 CEST 2004

Reinhard,

>     > No, because in running text, fractions should be set with a
>     > slash, like
>
>     > the interval $(x/5, x/3)$
>
> Maybe the LaTeX package "nicefrac" is interesting in this respect.

I don't think so: I haven't used that particular package, but the name
"nicefrac" suggests that it typesets those
superscript-numerator/slash/subscript-denominator fractions, which I have
only seen in cookbooks and elementary school math books. If the document
does not belong to one of these categories, you should probably refrain from
using it.

Regards,

Paul