[texhax] two latex questions

Zbigniew Nitecki zbigniew.nitecki at tufts.edu
Thu Aug 12 19:23:23 CEST 2004

1.In the book documentstyle, is there a way (similar to the
\author[shortname]{authorname} format in amsarticle) to create an
alternative version of a section header (shorter than the actual
section title)? I have a section title which I want to keep, but which
in the header (right page?) runs into the page number.

2. Is there a way of getting fonts similar to the euler script fonts to
use locally, in text mode?
I am trying to have some statements headed "Thou shalt not", with the
heading in a "biblical" font, to use via a macro.  I can't use the
euscript or eufrak packages, as they affect the global form of math
displays, which I don't want to do---and besides, their fonts only work
in math mode.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Please note that I am not
someone who knows how to do any meta stuff:  I'm pretty good at making
environments and macros with arguments, though.

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics
Tufts University
Medford, MA 02155