[texhax] kerning

james roy james_royus at eudoramail.com
Tue Sep 23 14:38:35 CEST 2003

Hello,

Can someone put some more light on this:

Accroding to the property list description of font metric data , in vpl file we have LIGTABLE property list like this:

(LIGTABLE
   (LABEL H 98)
   (KRN H 98 R -0.074)
   (STOP)
   (LABEL H 99)
   (KRN H 99 R -0.074)
   (STOP)
   )

Where KRN is a one byte value and the instruction '(KRN c r)' means that if the next character is c, then insert a blank space of width r between the current character and c; otherwise go on to the next instruction.

How does it relate to the pair kerning when we have the kerning information between pairs like A and V and its value is given.

Can someone put some light on this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

J+