[texhax] Standard Hyphenations off

Petr Sojka sojka at informatics.muni.cz
Mon Nov 3 18:17:09 CET 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 07:54:21PM +0530, Suresh Kumar wrote:

> Is there a way by which I can switch off the default hyphenation in the TeX file and activate my own hyphenation without INITeX'ing new formatter. If I use \hyphenpenalty=10000 and \exhyphenpenalty=10000 then it would be working on either file or pre-defined environments. Can anybody help?

Which way do you want to specify your own hyphenation?
Number of words in \hyphenation is severely limited in most
implementations (this list is checked against every
word to be hyphenated). So e.g.
\language255 % given that is not used yet
\hyphenation{all your hyph-en-ated words} %for your \language255
will do the job.

Much better approach would be loading your patterns for
your language and making new format with INITeX.
Best Wishes!

Petr Sojka