[texhax] verbatim font is too large

Karl R. Wurst wurst at cse.uconn.edu
Sun Nov 2 14:45:38 CET 2003

Andrew,

Get the fancyvrb package from CTAN and start your verbatim section with
something like this:

\begin{Verbatim}[baselinestretch=1,fontsize=\small]

At 05:30 AM 11/2/2003, Andrew Marlow wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am writing a report where the appendix consists mainly of program
>listings, which I am doing using the verbatim environment. However I find
>that the verbatim font is too large. It makes the report enormous. There
>MUST be a way to go down to 7 point (say) to make the listing more
>managable. Any ideas? I tried looking it up in the LaTeX companion but it
>was no help.
>
>Regards,
>
>Andrew Marlow
>----
>There is an emerald here the size of a plover's egg!

  --- Karl
  Karl R. Wurst, Computer Science & Engineering, U-1155   Email:
wurst at cse.uconn.edu
  University of
Connecticut                                                 Phone: 860-486-0005
  371 Fairfield Rd, Storrs, CT, USA 06269-1155                   Fax:
860-486-4817
  "If you want to make robots, you have to break a few small appliances."
        - Wedgie Woman, _Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked
Wedgie Woman._