[texhax] headers from texhax

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Jul 27 09:17:42 CEST 2003

Hi Phil,

    Any chance of getting a standard "Reply-To:" field in the header to make
    replying to the texhax list work with a standard email Reply function?

Well, all mailers should default to using the From: address if there's
no Reply-To:.  That's the behavior defined in the standards, as far as I know.
What mailer are you using?  (Perhaps reply to me off-list.)

I actually thought that mailman did (by default) insert a Reply-To: with
the same address as the From:, but it seems not.

If you mean to insert a Reply-To: to the list, as opposed to the poster
-- that wouldn't work, because part of the purpose of this as a "general
discussion list" is to allow anyone to post, including people who aren't
subscribed.