[texhax] inability of .eps figures to be displayed in PDF

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Tue Dec 30 16:50:09 CET 2003

> I have not been able to get the .pdf file figures displayed using the PDF
> mode and Adobe Reader 6. Even Reader 4 does not display them, so I believe
> the PDFLaTex executable just does not display these .eps figures. What am I
> doing wrong??

pdftex doesn't deal with eps figures.  if you used the standard
graphics package (the only one that supports pdftex) you would have
had error messages.

your best option is to convert your .eps files to .pdf using the
epstopdf application that is in every remotely modern tex
distribution.  once you've done that all you need is to convert your
source to use the latex standard graphics package (also available for
plain tex), and everything will be fine.