BibTeX formatting of an unusual reference

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Tue Jan 8 15:00:01 CET 2002

Jonathan Myles <mylesj at icrf.icnet.uk> asks on Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:02:24
+0000 (GMT) about formatting the reference

>> Organising Committee and Collaborators, Falun Meeting. "Breast Cancer
>> screening with mammography in women aged 40-49 years". Int J Cancer 1996;
>> 68: 693-9

in BibTeX.  Here is what I'd do for this one:

@Article{OCCFM:1996:BCS,
  author =       "{Organising Committee Collaborators, Falun Meeting}",
  title =        "Breast Cancer screening with mammography in women aged
                 40--49 years",
  journal =      "Int. J. Cancer",
  volume =       "68",
  pages =        "693--699",
  year =         "1996",
  OPTmonth =     "??",
  OPTnumber =    "??",
}

Bracing text in the author field prevents its being further
manipulated by BibTeX.  I also used proper en-dashes for ranges, and
put the periods back into the journal abbreviation (it is a particular
journal style to remove them).

- Center for Scientific Computing       FAX: +1 801 585 1640, +1 801 581 4148 -
- University of Utah                    Internet e-mail: beebe at math.utah.edu  -
- Department of Mathematics, 322 INSCC      beebe at acm.org  beebe at computer.org -
- 155 S 1400 E RM 233                       beebe at ieee.org                    -
- Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0090, USA    URL: http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe  -