[texdoc] [texdoc-commits] [TeX-Live/texdoc] 8c6e0f: improve handling of command-line options

Takuto ASAKURA tkt.asakura at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 02:36:15 CET 2019

Hi Karl,

generally speaking, you are right, but I think not for Texdoc.

>From long ago, Texdoc uses the first setting for a configuration
item than those set later (in configuration files and others).
I don't want to make this order opposite only in command-line
options because it is not coherent. This is especially problematic
for the -c option.

Anyway, I think most people never specify contradicting options
at the same time, e.g.,  "--quiet and --verbose". So, this will
not be a big problem.

Best,
Takuto