[texdoc] [tex-live] Update to texdoc.cnf

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu May 24 19:10:00 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 23/05/2012 17:19, Alan Munn wrote:
> The current texdoc system fails to find any documentation for all of the
> subpackages that are part of the expl3 bundle.

Do you really mean "fails to find any" or just "doesn't show the correct one
first"? Here I get:

mpg at roth:~% texdoc -l l3clist
 1 /home/mpg/tl/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/doc/latex/l3kernel/README
 2 /home/mpg/tl/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/doc/latex/l3kernel/expl3.pdf
 3 /home/mpg/tl/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/doc/latex/l3kernel/interface3.pdf
 4 /home/mpg/tl/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/doc/latex/l3kernel/l3styleguide.pdf
 5 /home/mpg/tl/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/doc/latex/l3kernel/l3syntax-changes.pdf
 6 /home/mpg/tl/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/doc/latex/l3kernel/source3.pdf

> I would like to suggest
> adding the following aliases to the global texdoc.cnf:
>

> alias	l3clist	 = interface3
> alias	l3token	 = interface3
> alias	l3prop	 = interface3
> alias	l3msg	 = interface3
> alias	l3file	 	 = interface3
> alias	l3skip	 = interface3
> alias	l3keys	 = interface3
> alias	l3fp	 	 = interface3
> alias	l3box	 = interface3
> alias	l3coffins	 = interface3
> alias	l3color	 = interface3
> alias	l3luatex	 = interface3
>
> The interface3.pdf document is the correct documentation for these packages.

Ok, I copy-pasted your list to the distributed texdoc.cnf, thank you for
providing it.

I must admit I'm not at all up to speed with latest l3 developments, and I'm
short on time to look into the document right now, so if you feel like checking
if other l3-related aliases are needed, your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Manuel.