[texdoc] Missing PDF docs

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Mon Apr 4 00:04:54 CEST 2011

Le 03/04/2011 19:25, Philipp Stephani a écrit :
> acromake
> circle
> easyeqn
> inlinebib
> localloc
> mff
> newvbtm
> ntabbing
> pictex
> stmaryrd
> tclldoc

In principle, every blacklised file results in the addition of a README.TEXLIVE
to the package. Otherwise, it is a bug, or the package hasn't been updated for
CTAN to TL since the pdf doc appeared on CTAN (this can happen for old packages).

- acromke, circle, easyeqn, mff, ntabbing, tclldoc are just not in TL any more.
- localloc and newvbtm were lagging behind CTAN, I just updated them.
- stmaryrd is probably in the same case (dvi doc in TL) but doesn't work OOTB
with our scripts, I hope Karl will get it to work (it should already be on his
radar);
- inlinebib: I see no PDF on CTAN, only a .htm file. However, texdoc was wrongly
ignoring .htm files (as opposed to .html) and I fixed that.
- pictex: the documentation doesn't live in the same directory as pictex on
CTAN, looks strange.

> And I think the following aliases are missing:
>
> alias 3parttable = threeparttable
> alias croatian = babel
> alias letterspace = microtype
> alias mls = montex
> alias vrbexin = verbasef

Ok, I added them. Thanks.

> There are also some packages (e.g., dcpic or chessboard) whose manuals are
> deliberately absent from TeX Live. Maybe TeXdoc could inform the user about
> this fact (e.g., by printing the according README.TEXLIVE file).

For both examples, README.TEXLIVE comes as the second result, right after the
package's README file. IMO this is fine and people should get used to try -l
when the first result isn't satisfatory (and ideally send aliases suggestion
here as you do).

Thanks,
Manuel.