[texdoc] help msg

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Feb 24 01:30:16 CET 2010

Karl Berry a écrit :
> Ok, then I guess it seems to me that the ideal would be to specify where
> the default comes from.  E.g., perhaps the help message would include
> information like this:
>
> Defaults: -a, -i (built-in); -l (user config).

I gave it a try (just commited in TL). Here is the result on my machine:

Usage: texdoc [OPTION]... [NAME]...

Try to find appropriate TeX documentation for the specified NAME(s).
With no NAME, print information about texdoc (--help, --version, --files).

Current settings: --alias (default); --list, --nointeract (user config).

  -h, --help            Print this help message.
  -V, --version         Print the version number.
  [...]

I preferred using the long form for more readability.

I hope the whole thing is more understandable now.

Manuel.