[texdoc] [tex-live] texdoc update

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Wed Nov 25 04:02:21 CET 2009

Norbert Preining a écrit :
> you know about the lua module I wrote for parsing the tlpdb, it is
> quite fat and ships practically all information. I hope you didn't
> reimplement it ;-)

I reimplemented part of it :-/ I have two excuses:
- for now I just wanted to play with it, this is temporary
- your Lua module isn't up to date :-) (It fails with current tlpdb.)

Now I am going to test things more seriously. I'd like to keep texdoc as
fast as possible. I did a few timing tests with my code, and the largest
part of the time is spend reading the file, not parsing it...

> One big wish ... get display of zipped/gzipped support working again ...

I thought I fixed that in v 0.50 (uploaded to TL last week). Please
complain again if it doesn't work with this version!

Manuel.