[texdoc] running from svn

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Sun Feb 8 19:06:44 CET 2009

Hi Karl,

Back to my texdoc todo-list...

Karl Berry a écrit :
> One more thing: how do you run from svn such that it finds the .cnf file
> from svn?  Symlinking texdoc.tlu into ~/bin is easy enough, but the
> cleanest way to find the svn .cnf wasn't immediately apparent to me.

New option for this in r18. Now, running from svn should be as easy as

ln -s TEXDOC_TRUNK/code/cli/texdoc.tlu ~/bin/texdoc
mkdir -p ~/texmf/texdoc
ln -s TEXDOC_TRUNK/data/texdoc.cnf ~/texmf/texdoc/texdoc-dist.cnf

Also, the SVN version of texdoc.cnf now has a

lastfile_switch = true

directive that disables all configurations files of lower precedence,
namely those from TEXMFLOCAL and TEXMFMAIN. This should avoid
interaction between the texdoc.cnf from svn and the regular one from TL
when running from SVN in the above way.

As usual, you can run 'texdoc -f' to check whether your conffiles setup
is ok.

Hope it is a right way of doing things, please feel free to comment.

Manuel.