[texdoc] [tex-live] texdoc + AR9 on win32

Manuel Pégourié-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Thu Sep 11 15:38:56 CEST 2008

Philip TAYLOR (Ret'd) a écrit :
> OK, modulo the typo at "c:/tmp/program/tlu"

Ooops.

> I can replicate and confirm all that; I can
> also confirm that TeXLua doesn't crash AR8.1
> if launched directly on "program.tlu", and
> does crash when launched on "wrapper.tlu"

Yep, this is the problem: we need such wrapper on windows.

> Thus everything seems to point at kpse.set_program_name('texlua')
> as being the culprit;

Not exactly. It's true that the problem disappears if you comment this
line, but it also disappears if you replace os.spawn with os.execute.

> who can look inside kpse.set_program_name ?

Well, I did look into it but couldn't find anything that looked
suspicious to me. I'm afraid that the culprit lies in some weird
interaction between os.spawn, os.execute (ie, the underlying system
calls), kpse and some versions of AR. I'm also afraid the problem is too
intricate and too "hardcore" (syscalls etc, a debugger would probably be
of some use) for me.

Manuel.