[texdoc] texdoc pdftex

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Dec 21 20:27:58 CET 2008

    if I checked it correctly, there are 185 of them. So I will follow
    Reinhard suggestion and change the man->pdf makefile in order to produce
    XXX.1.pdf instead of XXX.pdf.

I think that change is all to the good, but I don't understand your
list.  It includes numerous non-doc items, for instance:
texmf-dist/tex/plain/cweb/pdfXcwebmac.tex
texmf-dist/tex/latex/pdfcomment/pdfcomment.sty
texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex.map
catalogue-ctan /info/pdf-forms-tutorial

    don't believe we can solve all the doc-finding problems in a purely
    algorithmic way,

Right.

THanks,
karl