[tex4ht] make4ht-lib: Fatal error. Command t4ht returned exit code 1, Too many characters (> 500) for map line: `l'

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 22:19:38 CET 2021

Hi Nasser,

>Please try again, it should now work.
>
>    https://www.12000.org/tmp/02042021/content_all.zip

thanks, I can get this file now.

>This is strange error. Sometimes it happens when I keep last compile
>.aux and .dvi files around. It seems tex4ht get confused by having
>old .aux and .dvi files in the folder.
>
>So now I changed my makefiles to make sure these are deleted before
>any new compile is started. I do not know if this has anything to
>do with this error.

I've tried to compile it multiple times and never got an error. I have
just few notes that can make the compilation a bit faster:

- use the -m draft option unless you introduce a new section. As most of
   the .aux file and other temporary files remain same, it is not
   necessary to run multiple LaTeX invocations. It is useful when you
   introduce a new section that would produce a new HTML file.
- try the `dvisvgm_hashes` extension. It produces SVG files much faster.
   You can require it using -f html5+dvisvgm_hashes option.