[tex4ht] [bug #464] ! Bad register code (65536). because no new line used in long math?

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Sun May 10 21:59:53 CEST 2020

On 5/10/2020 2:47 PM, Michal Hoftich wrote:
> Follow-up Comment #3, bug #464 (project tex4ht):
>
> Hi Nasser,
>
> it seems like issue in the LaTeX regular expression parser. We use it to fix
> some issues in the code that is passed to MathJax. Your code seems to be too
> long for that. Couldn't you break your huge equation into smaller pieces?
>
> Best,
> Michal

Hi Michal. The Latex is all auto-generated by CAS system
(Mathematica) and written to files which then read to process.

It is not possible to edit these by hand. Each time I run
Mathematica, new set of files gets written. There are hundreds
of thousands of files with math in them.

It works OK with lualatex. It only failed with using mathjax mode :(

It is too late to go back to using SVG for math images now, as I have
everything set to use mathjax mode, which I like better since it makes
compiling much faster and file sizes are much smaller (no image files
to upload to server).

For now, I edited this one bad latex file by hand and removed
the bad equations until tex4ht was happy so I can compile things
and go on the next set of files.

But if many such cases keep showing up it will be a problem to keep
doing this by hand.

Thanks